Shop now at Ticketnetwork.com

NBA Tickets

Thursday, May 10, 2012

R.I.P. Brooklyn Nets


The worst thing the New Jersey, now the Brooklyn Nets could have done is bring there talents to New York City. The Nets will have a buzz at first when they open up for the 12'-13' season, however I just think that they will be no match for the New York Knicks. Not just saying that meaning skill wise, lol that too but fan wise and market share. Many people in NYC are New York Knicks fans. Nets coming into town isn't just gonna make a Knick fan just say I'm gonna switch over to the rival. That wouldn't be a true fan. With that being said, the Nets have made there bed on this one. Good luck to Jay-Z and his Nets, but they were better off in New Jersey. Your thoughts!


4 comments:

  1. 10andahalfkicks.comMay 10, 2012 at 12:32 PM

    Although the knicks own New York basketball and always will, I believe New Yorkers (the portion that is tired of the knicks failing efforts and look to the trending team to support) will keep a watchful eye on the Brooklyn Nets. With hopes that they can support a winning team. My thoughts however, that if the Nets are successul, it will be extremely short lived. Knicks forever rule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made a great point and some key words. You said they own NY and always will. Case closed. So what is NJ doing in our town. They had nothing to worry about in New Jersey. Oh I'm sorry the NHL's New Jersey Devils haha. That was there competition. You must be kidding me. Who knows when our Knicks become a winning team, but what I do know is that New Jersey won't.

      Delete
  2. What's crazy is that they don't even have an official/full roster at this point. They have a slew of variables and maybes...at best. If they get some talent (speaking in the most general sense at this point), then PERHAPS they can sustain the aforementioned buzz you mentioned. Management is going to be PRETTY goddamn busy during the off-season, I'll tell you that. Still, I think they'll do most of their worthwhile business money loaning the stadium out for events. -O!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you are right about that. No full roster and they don't even know if they are going to sing Deron Williams to a contract. Even with Deron, they need a lot more help. A center will help them. Can we say Dwight Howard. I'm not against the Nets. I'm just a Knicks fan period. I wish them well in Brooklyn, but Knicks are king in NY.

      Delete