Shop now at Ticketnetwork.com

NBA Tickets

Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Best Draft Class in Sports


I remember this N.B.A. draft class of 1996 like it was yesterday. This is by far in my lifetime the best draft class in N.B.A history. Many experts and analysts say it was the 1984 draft with Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon, Charles "Weight Watchers" Barkley and John Stockton. I tend to disagree with that one. The reason I feel that they say 84' was because of the greatest basketball player ever was drafted in that class which is no other MJ. Don't get me wrong there were other great players in there with some that I mentioned, but the 96' draft took it to the next level. With at least four guaranteed Hall of Famers when they are eligible, Allen Iverson, Kobe Bryant, Ray Allen and Steve Nash. Also some other possible entries. This class changed the way basketball was played. They made you want to watch basketball again. They were young, energetic, highly skilled and a will to make a name in the N.B.A. What are your thoughts and comments on this class?

No comments:

Post a Comment