Shop now at Ticketnetwork.com

NBA Tickets

Sunday, May 27, 2012

David is the "Wright" Answer


Today with the weather in the 80's feeling like a summer day. I had the pleasure to enjoy a New York Mets game at Citi Field against the San Diego Padres. The Mets won by the score of 2-0. I can't lie, they looked real good. Just FYI, I am a Yankee fan but I got some tickets from my job. You all know I couldn’t pass that up lol. I want to talk about tonight how the Mets could be a playoff caliber team this year. Watching the game today, they showed great composure and made plays. R.A. Dickey is a stud pitcher. He didn’t give up many runs, barely hits at that. Today with the win he went 7-1. Mets and Yankees fans haven’t seen this kind of year out of the team in a couple of years. We have been seeing a team in the past few years that on paper they had talent, but on the field they just didn’t get it done. You had players like Carlos Beltran making over $15 million a year, but his mind was probably on that money instead of playing baseball. This year is just different with the team. I don’t know if it is because all the money they owe people because of the Madoff scandal? They have something to prove this year because many people wrote them off. They seem that they have a chip on their shoulders. The key player to this whole team in my mind is David Wright. He is hitting .390. This is great to see and what the team needs. He just has to keep up the great play and the team can have a run for the playoffs. Mets fans let’s not get a little too ahead of ourselves though. Take it game by game and see what happens. Johan Santana, we need you to stay healthy and pitch like the Cy Young winner you was years ago. I want to hear from the Met fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment