Shop now at Ticketnetwork.com

NBA Tickets

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Trout is Only 21


For a young player that has just come on to the scene, Los Angeles Angels Mike Trout is nothing to pass up. He is making statements around the MLB that he wants it all, from award, statistics and a playoff run (Sporting News, 2012). Right now his Angels are fighting just to get into the playoffs. Trout was a steal in mid-season to run away with the AL MVP, but with his team struggles things are looking a bit shaky for his chase. However, there aren’t many other players in the AL that stand out as much as Trout does. Don’t get me wrong guys, there are some great talents in this league but Trout is the real deal.
I’ve been very impressed on his play and his maturity as a 21 year old rookie. I’m not going to sit here and say that I want them to get into the playoffs because we all know the Angels give the New York Yankees a hard time. This wouldn’t be good for the Yanks if they play them. I’m rooting for this young star to win the MVP because it hasn’t been done often; this will be the third time in MLB history actually. I will keep my eye on the AL and NL MVP candidates and see how it turns out. I see a bright future in this young player. Trout reminds me a lot of young Derek Jeter just with more hitting power.

No comments:

Post a Comment